- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 cup BARGETTO Pinot Grigio wine
- 1 T.shallots, finely minced
- 1 T. canola oil
- (4) 6 oz. ling cod filets (or other tender white fish like catfish, sea bass or halibut)
- 2 T. chilled unsalted butter, cut into four pieces
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 T. chopped Italian parsley
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
Yield: Serves 4 colorful portions
- Put clam juice in a pot and turn on the heat. We are reducing it by half.
- Put the Pinot Grigio and shallots in another pan and turn on the heat to reduce it by half too.
- Stir often until both liquids are reduced by half.
- Heat the canola oil in saute pan
- Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper, and cook them for however long it takes until they are done.( It took 4 minutes per side for my thick ling cod; your cook time may vary)
- Keep the fish warm while we finish the recipe.
- Combine the reduced wine and the reduced clam stock.
- Whisk in the cold butter until it melts
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in the mango, tomato and parsley.
- Put the fish on a plate, spoon the sauce around it, and drizzle the whole shebang with the olive oil.