By Greg Flores, Chef
Greg Flores studied culinary arts at The California Culinary Academy in San Francisco. Upon graduation, Greg worked his way up from Extern to Sous Chef at Cate Marcella, a four star restaurant in Los Gatos, California. After a brief time as Executive Chef at Bethany College, Greg is now back in Los Gatos as one of the chefs at Three Degrees in The Toll House Hotel.
4 portobello mushrooms
4 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Carignane
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper, freshly gound
1/8 cup sundried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
1/8 cup chiffonade of fresh basil
1/8 cup. roasted garlic cloved, minced
1 cup goat cheese
4 cup (approx) mixed greens
1/8 cup vinaigrette dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Remove stems and gills from mushrooms.
3. Combine olive oil and Carignane.
4. Marinade in mixture for 30 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place on baking sheet in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
8. Toss mixed greens with dressing and place on platter or individual plates.
9. In a medium-sized bowl, combine goat chesse, basil, sundried tomatoes and roated garlic.
10. Stir until mixture is well combined.
11. Spoon goat cheese mixture evenly in each mushroom.
12. Place stuffed mushrooms back in oven for 2 minutes.
13. Remove stuffed mushrooms from oven.
14. Place on bed of mixed greens tossed with a vinaigrette dressing.