to be paired with Pinot Noir
By: Greg Flores
Greg Flores studied culinary arts at The California Culinary Academy in San Francisco. Upon graduation, Greg worked his way up from Extern to Sous Chef at Cate Marcella, a four star restaurant in Los Gatos, California. After a brief time as Executinve Chef at Bethany College, Greg is now back in Los Gatos as one of the chefs at Three Degrees in The Toll House Hotel.
4-7 ounce filet mignon
1/2 cup white wine
1 T. minced shallots
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup mild goat cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine wine and shallots in a 3 quart pot over medium high heat.
2. Reduce 75% then add cream and reduce heat to medium.
3. Reduce by half then whisk in goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Sauce is ready when it coats the back of your spoon.
5. Serve over grilled filet mignon, with baked potato and seasonal vegetables.