By: Greg Flores
Greg Flores studied culinary arts at The California Culinary Academy in San Francisco. Upon graduation, Greg worked his way up from Extern to Sous Chef at Cate Marcella, a four star restaurant in Los Gatos, California. After a brief time as Executive Chef at Bethany College, Greg is now back in Los Gatos as one of the chefs at Three Degrees in The Toll House Hotel.
4 lamb racks (4 chops per rack)
4 t. dijon mustard
3 T. canola oil
salt and pepper
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 t. chopped Italian parsley
2 T. chopped fresh lavender
1 t. minced garlic
1/8 c. melted butter
For Lavender Crust
1. In a mixing bowl combine panko, parsley, lavender, garlic and pinch of salt and pepper.
2. While stirring with spatula slowly add butter.
3. Keep mixture at room temperature.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Season both sides of the lamb with salt and pepper.
3. In large sauté pan over medium high heat add oil and brown both sides of lamb.
4. Remove lamb from sauté pan and place on a sheet pan into the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Carefully remove lamb from oven and brush 1 teaspoon of mustard on the top of each rack.
6. Place equal amounts of the lavender mixture on each rack.
7. Place lamb back into the oven for 5 more minutes.
8. For medium rare the internal temperature should reach 140°.
Serve with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Enjoy with BARGETTO Winery Dolcetto!