Pairs with BARGETTO Reserve Merlot
- 4 6-oz filets Halibut, skin removed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 cups wondra flour
- 3 T. olive oil
- 4 cups PORT WINE
- 1 tsp. shallot, minced
- 1 T. thyme, removed from stem
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 T. honey
Yield: Serves 4
- Heat oven to 400°
- Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around each halibut filet and season with salt and pepper. .
- Dredge each halibut filet in Wondra flour and shake off excess.
- In a medium-sized, oven-proof saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Place halibut in sauté pan (presentation-side down) and saute for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Turn halibut over and cook another 2 minutes
- Place sauté pan in oven for 6 min.
- In a 2-qt. pot, combine port wine, shallot and thyme. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add dried cherries and simmer until sauce coats back of spoon, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in honey. Reduce heat to low.
Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.