By Shawn Stanchfield, Chef
Pairs well with Santa Cruz Mountain Chardonnay.
Salad Dressing (yields 1 quart):
32 ounces Best Food Mayonnaise
4 ounces sugar
4 ounces Kikoman Soy Sauce
3 drops sesame oil
white pepper to taste
water approximately 4 ounces add to proper consistency
somen noodles (Asian noodles).
1. Combine all ingredients(except noodles)until smooth and creamy. Add the water last.
2. Add only enough water to get the proper consistency of your salad dressing. Don’t use too much sesame oil for it will over power the flavor of the dressing.
3. Add your favorite salad ingredients
4. Cook the somen noodles approximately 5 minutes in boiling water.
5. Rinse the noodles with cold water and add to the salad.
6. Toss salad with dressing to lightly cover. There will be excess dressing.
7. set aside
Teriyaki Marinade Sauce
16 oz. soy sauce
16 oz. sugar
16 oz. water
Handful Ginger, thinly sliced (leave peel on ginger)
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Let marinate cool completely.
4. Marinate four 6 oz. Albacore Tuna filets for one to two hours in the teriyaki sauce.
5. Grill and serve on top of the salad with somen noodles.
Yield 4 servings.
*The salad dressing and teriyaki sauce can be made days in advance. The somen noodles can also be made in advance. When you’re ready to use the somen noodles run under cold water. This prevents the noodles from sticking.