In Italian folklore, Puttanesca was served by the ladies of the evening in order to allure their gentlemen friends into their arms. Buon appetito!
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
5-10 cloves garlic finely chopped (adjust to taste)
1 can anchovies (2 oz., with liquid)
1/2 to 1 tsp. red pepper -takes (more for extra zip)
1 1/2 lb. fresh, chopped tomatoes (or two 28 oz. cans)
1 can black olives (coarsely chopped, preferably Kalamata)
2 T. capers
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
1. In skillet, heat olive oil and smash anchovies to create a paste.
2. Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
3. Toss in tomatoes and mix.
4. Add olives, capers and parsley.
5. Reduce heat for 1-2 hours. Simmer uncovered.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on spaghetti or Penne pasta. Add grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy with Dolcetto!